Environmental Eagle Award
The Solid Waste Authority recognizes the local heroes who soar above and beyond in conserving our environment with the Environmental Eagle Award. Criteria for receiving this honor include level of commitment to the environment, environmental impact, beneficial waste reduction, originality and cost-effectiveness.
Environmental Eagle Award Winners
- 2015 - Jim Swaim, Environmental Sculptures
- 2012 - Don Poland, Academy for Arts, Science & Technology
- 2010 - Martha Young, North Myrtle Beach High School
- 2007 - Denise Applewhite, Conway Middle School
- 2006 - Ben Abercrombie, Playcard Environmental Center
- 2005 - Kimberly Dawn Clayton, Blackwater Gallery
- 2004 - Yaupon Garden Club, North Myrtle Beach
- 2003 - Heather Rabon, Midland Elementary
- 2002 - Myrtle Beach Air Force Base Redevelopment Authority
- August 2001 - Gerry Ferguson, North Myrtle Beach Elementary
- March 2001 - City of Myrtle Beach Planning Department
- 2000 - Amelia Hadfield, Horry County School District
Please download the Environmental Eagle Nomination Form (PDF) to nominate an individual or an organization. Nominations are accepted throughout the year. You may also call our office at (843) 347-1651 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.