Solid Waste Authority Home Page

What Can I Recycle Horry County Solid Waste Authority

What Can I Recycle?

You can recycle the following items in your curbside recycling program
or at Horry County Recycling Convenience Centers. 

Please note: Per Horry County Ordinance #50-01, only residents living in the unincorporated areas of Horry County can utilize the County's 25 Recycling Convenience Centers.  In addition, residents utilizing these recycling centers are limited to disposing of up to 4 cubic yards of material per day.

NOTE: The following items ARE NOT ACCEPTED curbside or at recycling centers: plastic bags (recycle at local grocery stores); wax coated cardboard and milk cartons; glass cookware, dishes or ceramics; Styrofoam; paper plates, napkins, plasticware or silverware; light bulbs; mirrors; or wrapping paper.

Download: Recycling Guidebook

For a list of items that you don't know what to do with, please go to How Do I Get Rid Of? or contact the SC Department of Health and Environment Control's Recycling Office at (800) 768-7348 or visit

For more information about recycling, call (843) 347-1651 or email .

The Horry County Solid Waste Authority
1886 Highway 90, Conway SC 29526 • PH: 843.347.1651 • FX: 843.347.3653 •

SWA Aerial View


The Horry County Solid Waste Authority offers facility tours of the Landfill, Material Recycling Facility and Recycling & Convenience Center to individuals and groups. These FREE tours are offered Monday through Friday at our location on Highway 90, outside of Conway. Please call 843-347-1651 to schedule a tour or obtain more information.